|California Fire Safe Council (CFSC) will be re-opening it’s $5.45 million grant competition for 2018 Fire Prevention Grants Program (click on the bold text) for funding for fire prevention education, planning and hazardous fuels reduction projects.
The application period will re-open on August 1, 2018 and close on August 30, 2018 at 5 p.m. PT (Pacific Time).
The 30 day extension will encourage applicants to utilize CAL FIRE’s 2018 California Climate Investments (CCI ) Fire Prevention grants to meet the match requirement, however all eligible organizations are encouraged to apply. Applications submitted during the first round may be revised or left as-is.
Check out the materials below to GET READY to submit an application.
We recommend you download the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) or Grant Program Quick Reference Guide.
Grant Program Guidance
- 2018 Grant Program Re-Opening Quick Reference Guide
- 2018 Grant Program Re-Opening Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 2018 Grant Application Handbook
- 2018 Request for Applications (RFA)
- 2018 Grant Application Workshop Slides
- 2018 SFA and SMG Application Planning Tool
- Contact a Grant Specialist in your region
- Communities At Risk List
- Grant Application Webinar (recorded on 4/25/18)
The FAQ highlights a change in the program grant request limits. Here is a quick summary:
For the State Fire Assistance “SFA/SMG” program:
- Applicants may submit 2 applications at $250,000 per application, but the total grant award will not exceed $250,000.
- Fiscal Sponsors can submit 2 applications from their organization, and 1 more from an organization they sponsor. The total grant award will not exceed $250,000 for the fiscal sponsor and $250,000 for the sponsored entities, for a grand total not to exceed $400,000. Match requirement is 100% of the grant amount. Match can be cash or in-kind.
For the Tree Mortality “TMG” program: (only available for projects in Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Fresno, Kern, Madera, Mariposa, Placer, Tulare, and Tuolumne counties).
- Applicants may submit 2 applications at $300,000 per application, but the Total grant award will not exceed $300,000.
- Fiscal Sponsors can submit 2 applications from their organization, and 1 more from an organization they will sponsor. Total grant award will not exceed $300,000 for fiscal sponsor and $300,00 for the sponsored entities, for a grand total award not to exceed $500,000. Match requirement is 25% of the grant amount. Match can be cash or in-kind.
- Technical problems with ZoomGrants Phone: 1-866-323-5404 (M-F 8 am – 5 pm Mountain Time)
- General inquires Phone 916-648-3600 email firstname.lastname@example.org