This is an important safety message from SDG&E.
Strong winds have continued to be prevalent this morning with the back country experiencing gusts of 40-50 MPH. Due to adverse weather conditions affecting power lines, the power has been turned off for public safety to approximately 25,000 customers in the communities of: Alpine, Boulevard, Boulder Creek, Cuyamaca, Descanso, Dulzura, portions of El Cajon, portions of Encinitas, portions of Escondido, Fallbrook, Green Valley Falls, Jacumba, Jamul, Julian, Mount Laguna, Ortega, Pala, Pauma Valley, Pine Valley, Potrero, portions of Poway, Ramona, portions of Rancho Bernardo, Rancho Santa Fe, Unincorporated San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ysabel, Valley Center, West Rancho Bernardo and Wynola. Power could be out for an extended period of time. When conditions improve, our crews will assess the safety of the electrical system and determine when power can be restored.
If residents have questions, please have them call 1-800-411-7343 for more information and visit our website to update account information.
Community Resource Centers will open today at 8:00AM and remain open until 6:00PM. All Community Resource Centers, except for the Julian location, will have ice, as well as a water truck for livestock. At these facilities, residents can also get snacks and up-to-date information, and charge their phone.
- Descanso Branch Library: 9545 River Dr, Descanso, CA 91916
- Whispering Winds Catholic Camp: 17606 Harrison Park Road, Julian, CA 92036
- Potrero Community Center: 24550 Hwy 94, Potrero, CA 91963
- Pine Valley Improvement Club: 28890 Old Highway 80, Pine Valley, CA 91962
- Dulzura Community Center: 1136 Community Building Road, Dulzura, CA 91917
- Warner Springs Resource Center: 30950 CA-79, Warner Springs, CA 92086
- Lake Morena Community Church: 29765 Oak Drive, Campo, CA 91906
Thank you for your understanding while we work together to keep our communities safe.
For up to date information visit www.sdge.com/ready.