Defensible Space Assistance Program
The Defensible Space Assistance Program (DSAP) was created to help low-income seniors and physically disabled persons adhere to defensible space regulations. If you are physically and financially unable to maintain the state-mandated 100’ of defensible space around your home, our Defensible Space Assistance Program may help.
DSAP Services Provided:
- Brush and tree trimming/thinning.
- Raking of dead leaves and pine needles.
- Chipping of removed vegetation. Chips are left onsite.
- On-site education about effective defensible space.
- Initial one-day defensible space clean up.
- Performed by professional contractors, who are bonded and insured.
- Must be over 65 or have a medical physical disability making it impossible for you to do the clean-up work yourself.
- Must be deemed financially unable to hire a contractor:
- One-person household: Income is less than $2,842 (monthly) or $34,100 (annually)
- Two-person household: Income is less than $3,246 (monthly) or $38,950 (annually)
Please follow the link to the online form to sign up for the program. If you do not have internet access, please call the Fire Safe Council at 619-562-0096 to sign up.
- This program is funding dependent and services are offered on a first-come, first-served basis as program funds are available.
- Dead tree removal is not included in this service.
This program is offered by the Fire Safe Council San Diego County in partnership with the Resource Conservation District of Greater San Diego County. Funding is currently provided by a grant from San Diego Gas & Electric.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.